Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 2

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 36
bullet.gif Newest Member: 10Grams
View Thread
blank.gif
Stells bestest raiding ideas
Idea 1 - Speak with BD see if we can get an allince for once a week raiding Idea 1 - Speak with BD see if we can get an allince for once a week raiding 50%[3 Votes]
Idea 2 Recruitment get some more like minded idiots to throw themselves into the fire and stand on shit. Idea 2 Recruitment get some more like minded idiots to throw themselves into the fire and stand on shit. 17%[1 Vote]
Option 3 shut up stell we hate riaidng and we hate you more. Option 3 shut up stell we hate riaidng and we hate you more. 33%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 6
 Print Thread
Raiding.
Steeltusk
Sooooooo

I had a couple of ideas which I floated (floaters yes) with some but thought I would put it up here to get some more feedback.

We have been struggling a bit with numbers recently for raiding and although we have had summer, weddings, holidays and house floods we are still struggling most weeks to get 10 people. I get that we are not and have never been a hard core raiding guild, taking everything with a more relaxed and fun approach which I don't want to lose but I do like a regular raiding night and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with that.

So idea 1
I have been spying on Broken Drum recently, we used to raid with them as part of the 4 guild alliance before but that all fell apart due to bad blood, however I remember Broken Drum being one of the more sound guilds from those, I was going to have a chat with them as I noticed they seem to be in the same boat as us, they have got some good progression but they are not raiding regularly which means they are struggling for numbers too.

With the way loot works now on raids there is no DKP bullshit to worry about so I'm not sure that we would have to deal with any bellends but at the end of the day if it doesn't work out we can just fuckle off.

Idea 2
Recruitment, we start chatting up people we know and see if we can't poach them are there any old DC still? I know we just got Dwarfie over who is a sound bloke and up for a laugh, I can pop some stuff up on a few forums and we can kick people who don't measure up to the high DC standards.

So those are my ideas, they hurt my brain to come up with and to be fair idea 1 might not happen if BD aren't interested but I don't want to start making arrangements if you guys don't fancy it, so I made a poll. Click one of my lovely boxes or give me a better suggestion. Any ways that's a lot of typing even for my fingers!

Fidster
I've gone for option 3. Not because the ideas are bad ones, but if you will provide the oppotunity to show we hate you that's your own fault.

To give a sensible(ish) answer though, if you want to try and do something to boost the raiding then you have my full support with whichever way you feel might work best.

Figuring out something with BD would be the quicker solution. Are there many left in BD these days that know what sort of cunts we are? The raid organisation is a lot simpler now since we're not so restricted on how many can go or what classes/specs are required. Thanks to that and the straight forward looting, there's not much left to cause us any problems. And organising raid nights with BD doesn't stop us recruiting.
"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Personified in this case by a 'orrible cunt... Me!"

Steeltusk
Good point Fiddy, I guess I could just do both and start recruitment and contact BD, like I said before BD might not even entertain the idea. The members I've seen are Bluffy (Ex bubble girls officer), Whulf who looks to be guild leader now but I thought he was RS prior as Bull was the original leader? and Vaarg rings a bell too. I'll see who's about and start up a chat with them see what happens.

So if everyone is happy I guess the both route is probably the best. Not that I will ever admit to Fiddy having a best idea.

Fidster
Steeltusk wrote:
Not that I will ever admit to Fiddy having a best idea.

I just got confused and went for all 3 options Cool
"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Personified in this case by a 'orrible cunt... Me!"

Steeltusk
You're a point.

Indio
Agree with Fiddy. He always has the best ideas Smile

A slightly different angle, though a diluted version of option 1, would be to have a chat with BD and offer to shore up numbers if they are short and vice versa.

Which would mean:

1.First and foremost we can still act like bellends on TS. Very important that.

2. it would allow both guilds to largely progress as their own for acheevo's (if you like all that sort of stuff), and for it to pretty much be our/their own effort.

3. We could keep mains for our own raids, and give the assistance with alts or mains when we have to miss our own days, and vice versa, so as not to fuck ourselves over in the meantime, and same for them.

4. Both guilds don't look to be far off a full team at first glance, so it might be sufficient, though possibly easier to organise. As much as anything is easy to organise with us.

Might be worth keeping in mind as a back burner option at least if we decide to speak to them. If we can recruit then great, not sure who is about in DC Horde any more.

BTW, when talking to Whulf, 'Hello you cunt' is not an appropriate greeting. Unless you are RP'ing.

RP'ing yourself come to think of it. Fuck it, crack on with whatever.

Steeltusk
I saw them raiding at the weekend and Grams confirmed this too with 9 people so I think they are in the same boat as us, of course this is all irrelevant if they don't want to talk.

I saw Bluffy on who I knew fairly well in Bubble Girls so will log on with the fabulous Tizzy so he knows who I am and have a chat. Starting with "Alright you cunt". I'll try and get that done this weekend and then Ill update here with what happens.

Steeltusk
With regards to raiding Days I'm assuming Friday still suits everyone best?

Kaldan
There needs to be option 4 All of the above plz Grin

Indio
Agreed. Cant offer a sensible vote with option 3 there Smile

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
capmain-b-left.pngcapmain-b-right.png
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.