Dark Gamers Backup TS
Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 1

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 36
bullet.gif Newest Member: 10Grams
View Thread
blank.gif
Discussion Forum » The Dark Gamers » General Chat » Thinking of updating PC.
 Print Thread
Thinking of updating PC.
Steeltusk
Has anyone done just a MB and CPU update, I'm reading conflicting reports about if you need a new Windows 10 licence or not, also what are you guys using for MB and CPU at the moment, I'm probably looking to spend around £150-£200 on the pair as my Graphics card is still pretty current and I've got 16g of Ram which is more than plenty.

Kaldan
My sons a couple of months back did. He did not have DDR4 Ram in his old build so had to go for that also. In total he spent £300 that was for mobo, cpu and new ram. As for windows 10 yeah he needed a new licence but if you get it from dlcompare.com or allkeyshop.com it will cost you less than a tenner.

Steeltusk
Ohh nice one cheers Kal. Which MB and CPU did you go for?

Kaldan
He got a Ryzen 5 1600 I think it was and an Asus Prime B350 Plus the most expensive part of the buy was the RAM as he had 16GB and wanted 16GB

Steeltusk
Yeah I'm already on DD4 so that part I'm not worried about, I had a look at those Ryzen 5's and they looked okay but the Asus Prime didn't have a great reveiw so I was looking at the gigabyte MB's instead as I've used those before and been really happy with them.

Kaldan
If you are thinking of a Ryzen, go for one of the new series 2 they are supposed to be really good for the money.... I think I read that somewhere

Steeltusk
I'm going to stick with AMD I'll take a look at the series 2's.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
capmain-b-left.pngcapmain-b-right.png
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
1,136,781 unique visits